Keep up to date with the latest Chelsea transfer news and views throughout the day with our live blog
Welcome to today’s football.london Chelsea blog on Saturday.
It’s match day! The Blues are in action this afternoon as they welcome Plymouth Argyle to Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup fourth round.
Thomas Tuchel will be hoping his side can continue their pursuit on all four fronts this season, as his team look to avoid a shock against the League One outfit.
Stay tuned throughout the morning for the very latest in the way of build-up, as well as the confirmed team news when that arrives.
However, there is still plenty going on off the pitch, as Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia continues her plans for the summer transfer window, with the Blues looking to improve their squad ahead of the 2022/23 season.
So, with all of this being said, scroll down for all the latest Chelsea-related updates as and when we get them.
Full Chelsea squad revealed for Plymouth clash as Thomas Tuchel dealt triple injury blow
Chelsea host Plymouth Argyle at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
The Blues have reached the final of the world’s oldest cup competition in each of the last two seasons but have failed at the final hurdle both times.
Back in 2020, they were beaten 2-1 by London rivals Arsenal after a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang brace cancelled out an early Christian Pulisic opener.
Meanwhile, last year Thomas Tuchel’s side were beaten 1-0 by Leicester City thanks to a stunning Youri Tielemans strike, with a late-equaliser by wing-back Ben Chilwell eventually ruled out by VAR.
Tuchel’s Dembele stance
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that no contact was made on deadline day between the Blues and Ousmane Dembele.
“I am satisfied because it was a clam window and to be calm was the best thing. We were open for things. I did not have contact with Ousmane [Dembele]. There was no contact in winter between us,” Tuchel said in his pre-match press conference.
Paul Merson, when speaking to Sky Sports, has told Manchester United to spend big on Declan Rice in the summer and also predicted that the West Ham midfielder will be on his way out of the London Stadium as soon as the season ends.
He said: “I think Declan Rice will be gone this summer. I think it will be Man Utd, if you’re Man Utd, you’ve got to break the bank.
“If you look at their midfield it is not strong enough, they don’t dominate football matches and for me, they have to go and get him.
“I think he is the best in the business, he has improved immensely, he has taken his game up not one or two, I think he has taken it up ten-fold.”
Rudiger rejects new deal
According to the Daily Mail, Antonio Rudiger has turned down a new contract offer from Chelsea, believed to be close to £200,000-a-week.
Rudiger’s current deal with the Blues is due to expire at the end of the season and the defender continues to be strongly linked with a departure from Stamford Bridge.
The German is said to be a target for both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
Hello and welcome to today’s Chelsea live blog from football.london. Stay tuned for the very latest updates as and when they arrive throughout the day!